L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Mentoring Circle Training prepares people to become mentors to people in their workplace and community who need a helping hand with navigating life.
L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Mentoring Circle Training is the ultimate solution for improving tactical empathy, DEI outcomes, transforming culture, strengthening internal and external relationships, increasing corporate social responsibility, developing leaders, and equipping team members to perform at higher levels with a more balanced, wellness-oriented mindset and lifestyle. Our Mentoring Circle Training is also a revolutionary, highly-effective tool for engraining principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism within your team members at the cellular level without blaming or shaming anyone.
Originally created as a bridge to heal the divide between police and people of color, and proven to work in even the most volatile of situations, L.O.V.E. Is The Answer has become a movement and way of life that is sweeping the U.S. at a time when it needs it the most. L.O.V.E. Is The Answer started in 2012, with its first major product, the award-winning film, “WALKING WHILE BLACK: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer,” being released in 2017 (and revised in the Fall of 2020). On the surface, the film examines the divide between police and the Black community, but it also serves as a metaphor for all interpersonal conflict. Because of that, the film works extraordinarily well in corporate settings because it provides judgement-free context for examining and solving workplace divides. The L.O.V.E. Is The Answer book, which goes much deeper than the film in teaching people how to love themselves and others, was published in 2020 and is the perfect companion to the film. We also have a workbook that serves as a discussion guide to navigate through both the film and the book. The success that we’ve experienced in improving police-community relations proves that “L.O.V.E.” is truly the answer for individuals, organizations, and entire communities that are desperately in need of finding common ground.
L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Mentoring Circle Training is the ultimate training program for bringing out the best in people and turning any group into a “Beloved Community.”
This program is designed for individuals, families, companies and others who desire to develop a deeper understanding of the L.O.V.E. Is The Answer principles and how to apply them in real life with other people. This is perfect for anyone who wants to give back and make a difference in their family, organization, or community. L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Mentoring Circle Training is the gold standard of empathy-based leadership training for every peace officer, social justice advocate, ally, mentor, manager, or anyone who wants to uplift others or become a better leader.
Our Basic Training class is Virtual Instructor-Led Training. Participation in most of the Zooms is highly recommended, but if you can’t make some of them, no worries. Deliver of a presentation demonstrating proficiency is mandatory sometime during weeks 8-10. We will be recording all sessions and you’ll be able to access them via password protected links that we will supply to you.
SESSION 1: Introduction and meet and greet
SESSION 2: 3-hour Webinar
SESSIONS 3-14: We will take a deep dive into the L.O.V.E. Is The Answer book. This section of the class will include 12 2-hour meetings. On average, 40 pages of the book will be covered each session, using a workbook specifically designed for our Mentoring Circle Basic Training program.
Each session will run from 4 to 6 pm pacific time (7 to 9 pm eastern time). Special guest speakers will participate in some of the sessions. Sessions are as follows:
– Session 3: Introduction section of the book (pages 17-37)
– Session 4: Chapters 1-7 (pages 38-81) — the “Learn” section of the L.O.V.E. Is The Answer book
– Session 5: Chapters 8-13 (pages 82-107) — the “Open Your Heart” Section of the L.O.V.E. Is The Answer book.
– Session 6: Chapters 14-19 (pages 108-127) — the “Volunteer” Section of the L.O.V.E. Is The Answer book.
– Session 7: Chapters 20-25 (pages 128-149) — the “Empower Others” Section of the L.O.V.E. Is The Answer book.
– Session 8: Chapters 26-50 (pages 150-182) — 25 L.O.V.E.-Based Ideas to Improve Your Community. (PART 1 OF 2) Includes small group exercises.
– Session 9: Chapters 26-50 (pages 150-182) — 25 L.O.V.E.-Based Ideas to Improve Your Community. (PART 2 OF 2) Includes small group exercises.
– Session 10: Chapters 51-60 “Learn” stories from book contributors (pages 183-272) — PLUS, a discussion with a contributor to the book and a deep dive into how they incorporate L.O.V.E. into their life and work.
– Session 11: Chapters 61-66 “Open” stories from book contributors (pages 273-328) — PLUS, a discussion with a contributor to the book and a deep dive into how they incorporate L.O.V.E. into their life and work.
– Session 12: Chapters 67-72 “Volunteer” stories from book contributors (pages 329-401) — PLUS, a discussion with a contributor to the book and a deep dive into how they incorporate L.O.V.E. into their life and work.
– Session 13: Chapters 72-79 “Empower” stories from book contributors (pages 402-466) — PLUS, a discussion with a contributor to the book and a deep dive into how they incorporate L.O.V.E. into their life and work.
– Session 14: Review with small group exercises and discussions with special guests. Google Drive opens to students for them to upload their completed workbook for review and grading. We will also be inviting everyone to participate in open discussion groups where work on various chapters of the book can be discussed in-depth student to student.
*** Prior to Session 15, every student must upload their completed workbook into a private-to- the- group Google Drive. In addition to the workbooks being reviewed and graded by faculty, everyone will be able to look at each other’s answers and learn from them.
SESSION 15: During this three week period, every student will give a 10-minute presentation on their L.O.V.E. Is The Answer experience including how they plan on incorporating L.O.V.E. in their life and in the lives of others going forward. Students will also be encouraged to tune in to watch some of their fellow students give presentations. This time period will also serve as a master class on how L.O.V.E. Is The Answer has impacted each participant. Time slots will be available throughout each weekday (excluding holidays). A signup sheet will be made available 3-4 weeks prior to the presentation dates.
SESSION 16: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Mentoring Circle Certificate Graduation. There will be a graduation ceremony and celebration of completing the L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Mentoring Circle Basic Training certificate program. You’ll be given a special link to use to invite family and friends!
POST GRADUATION MENTOR OPPORTUNITIES AND MORE:
Upon graduation, mentors will be given the opportunity (This is elective, not mandatory) to join a Mentoring Circle with three other mentors and mentor someone for a 12-month period. The time obligation is simple — mentors should have meaningful contact with their mentee once every month and touch base with their fellow mentors monthly to compare notes and make sure they are giving their best effort to their mentee as a team. Participation in a Mentoring Circle is not mandatory, but is highly recommended. Mentors will be given support for life, opportunities to mastermind with other mentors, invitations to receive additional training, and more.
Time commitment: 16 sessions during a 10 week period. Approximately 40 total hours of session time (plus reading of the book).
Cost: $199 per person (includes personal-use film download, book, workbook, 10 weeks of virtual instructor-led classes, access to mastermind network of other Mentoring Circle members, framable graduation certificate, invites to special members-only events, and ongoing support).