The 4th Annual “L.O.V.E is the Answer Day” is coming Saturday, September 17, 2022 – and it’s Going Global! You’re invited to participate!
WHAT is L.O.V.E is the Answer Day?
It is a global day of spreading L.O.V.E. (Learning about others, Opening our hearts to them, Volunteering to be part of the solution in their life, and Empowering others to do the same). This year, there are many fun and meaningful ways to participate virtually and/or in-person. And if you don’t see anything for you below, make up your own way of celebrating L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Day and share it with us on social media using #trylovenow.
- Download one or more of our L.O.V.E. Is The Answer posters from this webpage and either share them directly to social media or print them out and display them wherever you are (home, work, school, car, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) on Saturday, September 17, 2022. If you print out a poster, be sure to take a selfie with it and share it on social media using the hashtag #trylovenow.
- Another way to participate virtually is to gather a group of friends on a Zoom and do a virtual “Paint and Sip” event where you all paint, color, or sketch out what L.O.V.E. means to you in your community while enjoying your favorite beverage. Be sure to take a selfie with the art you create and share it on social media using the hashtag #trylovenow. We encourage in-person events ONLY if Covid conditions allow for gathering safely. Please check CDC guidelines before creating an in-person event. Safety first!
- Tune in to our Global Zoom where representatives of each local event will show off their mural and talk about what L.O.V.E. Is The Answer means to their community. It’s going to be a fun, meaningful, inspiring, and empowering celebration of life and the power of love. A link will be provided here by June 2022.
- Most importantly, put the L.O.V.E. Is The Answer principles into action with at least one person on that date. Learn about someone, Open your heart to their need, Volunteer to be part of the solution in their life, and Empower someone else to do the same. Live L.O.V.E. Spread L.O.V.E.
We’ve Gone Global! Some of the LITA Day 2021 Posters Created by Children at the ZimKids Orphanage in Zimbabwe
- Use COVID-safe practices to gather with family or friends for a properly social distanced “Paint and Sip” event where you all paint, color, or sketch out what L.O.V.E. means to you in your community while enjoying your favorite beverage. Be sure to take a selfie with the art you create and share it on social media using the hashtag #trylovenow.
- Mural painting events! Groups of peace officers, students, elders, returning citizens, and other community members will be painting murals TOGETHER throughout the United States, in several U.S. Territories, and on every continent on the same day! At some of the events, there will also be food, entertainment, wellness sessions, and other activities. The day will end with a Global Zoom where representatives of each local event will show off their mural and talk about what L.O.V.E. Is The Answer means to their community. It’s going to be a fun, meaningful, inspiring, and empowering celebration of life and the power of love. Here are some of the mural painting event locations from 2021:
- SANTA MONICA, CA: 1432 3rd Street, on The Promenade, in Santa Monica, CA. Sponsored by the Santa Monica PD.
- YPSILANTI, MI: Riverside Park. Mural painting, music, and food. Sponsored by Mayor Lois Richardson along with Educate Youth, the Ypsilanti Council of Elders, and the Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Office.
- MORRISVILLE, PA: U.S. Rte 1 underpass at the corner of Moreau St and S. Delmorr Ave. Sponsored by the Bucks County District Attorney.
- BULAWAYO, ZIMBABWE, AFRICA: ZimKids Orphan Trust. 50 children painted their expressions of L.O.V.E. Learn about them and support them at https://www.facebook.com/Zimkids/!
This global day of spreading L.O.V.E. (Learning about others, Opening our hearts to them, Volunteering to be part of the solution in their life, and Empowering others to do the same) began in 2019 as the “National Day of Reconciliation” with simultaneous screenings of the film, WALKING WHILE BLACK: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer, in a dozen U.S. cities. The 2020 virtual event included community leaders participating in a powerful virtual discussion from cities throughout the U.S. With a new name, and a global focus, the 2021 3rd Annual L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Day was the best one yet, with people all over the world sharing L.O.V.E., mural painting events that created beautiful rehumanization spaces, and an inspirational global virtual gathering on Zoom.
We are also asking people to submit videos and photos of them with their L.O.V.E. Is The Answer poster anytime — not just on L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Day!
Want to get involved in L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Day? We need leaders, sponsors, artists, and other volunteers of all ages. It’s easy! Do one of the suggested activities described above or make up your own expression of L.O.V.E. and share the results online using #trylovenow. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some ideas or clarification? See videos of all planning meetings on our YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLold83xaeGQtyCB2DcqIwdB07eprlODPY
CAN AN ORGANIZATION HOST A L.O.V.E. IS THE ANSWER DAY EVENT?
YES! If your organization would like to host a mural painting event, simply become a licensee of our reconciliation film, “WALKING WHILE BLACK: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer” and we’ll grant you an approval to create a L.O.V.E. Is The Answer mural. As a licensee of the film, your organization will be able to host virtual or properly social distanced and safe in-person screenings anytime you like for a year (or forever with a Lifetime License). If interested in licensing the film, email your interest to email@example.com. Film Licensees are the only groups authorized to create an official L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Day mural.
A LITTLE L.O.V.E. HISTORY
Since 2012, we’ve been on a mission to teach people how to love themselves and others. Since our award-winning film, WALKING WHILE BLACK: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer, came out in 2017, we’ve been building a solid foundation of trust with police and community groups. The L.O.V.E. Is The Answer book came out in February 2020 and the film was updated in September 2020. The film/book combo became an instant classic combination of tools that are being used by a wide variety of organizations throughout the U.S. and the world. Simply put, L.O.V.E. works! We are seeing minds change and hearts transform daily. So far, more than 100,000 people have seen the film and participated in our guided healing discussions in more than 40 states and in several countries.
Some of the Scenes of Preparing a Mural for LITA Day 2021 in Bucks County, PA
Here are a few links to past L.O.V.E. Is The Answer media and screening events:
- The film’s Director, A.J. Ali, on ABC News.
- A screening event with High School students and peace officers by the Bucks County, PA District Attorney.
- L.O.V.E. Is The Answer media page for many more stories.
The L.O.V.E. Is The Answer mission is to meet people where they are and teach them how to love themselves and others throughout the world. L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Day includes reconciliation between police and the communities they serve, but that’s just the beginning. The L.O.V.E. Is The Answer principles are universal and can and should be used to improve a wide variety of social ills worldwide. L.O.V.E. can be used to reduce crime, poverty, violence, and many other societal challenges. L.O.V.E. can also be used to improve marriages, work relationships, friendships, and other relationships.
Checklist for L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Mural Painting Projects:
- Get written permission from L.O.V.E. Is The Answer for doing the project AND for the design of the mural.
- Secure a location indoors or outdoors.
- Obtain permission in writing from building owner/manager and any necessary govt. agencies for a permanent display of a mural. Obtain permits if necessary.
- Contact school boards/schools to get them on board with students participating in event if event takes place during school hours.
- Let Law Enforcement organizations know that LE officers and their family members are highly encouraged to participate.
- Get partner organizations onboard (law enforcement, youth groups, schools, companies, nonprofits, city/county government agencies, etc.)
- Fill out committee with at least 10 people representing different backgrounds in the community (for example, two peace officers, two veterans, two teens, two returning citizens, two local community leaders, and others).
- Get an experienced mural artist to help prep the site and pre-plan the design of your mural with local expressions of “L.O.V.E.” in action throughout the mural.
- Invite people from throughout the community to volunteer to help paint the mural.
- Mural must include these three things in order to qualify for alignment with the L.O.V.E. Is The Answer movement (which may include financial and other support):
- L.O.V.E. Is The Answer logo at the center. The L.O.V.E. Is The Answer logo must be designed as close to our official logo design as possible;
- The hashtag #trylovenow;
- The L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Pledge (I pledge to LEARN about the people in my community, to unconditionally OPEN my heart to their needs as if they were all immediate family members, to VOLUNTEER to be part of the solution in their life during both good and challenging times, and to EMPOWER everyone I meet to do the same as if our lives depended on each other.)
- Get sponsors for paint and other supplies, food and anything else needed for the day.
- Alert and invite local media. We can help you craft media alerts and press releases.
- The work of mural painting will take multiple days. Plan for days of design, site prep, and the actual painting of the mural. Depending on the complexity, size, weather, locations, and other factors, it may take a couple of days or even a few weeks.
- Day of unveiling event: Make it fun with food, beverages, snacks, food trucks, family friendly/children’s activities, music, spoken word, etc. Invite the entire community out to celebrate — and activate — L.O.V.E.!
- Take plenty of photos and videos throughout the entire process (including “behind the scenes” shots of planning and prepping) and share them widely on social media using #trylovenow and linking to the L.O.V.E. Is The Answer social media pages (https://www.facebook.com/groups/927027620757033, https://twitter.com/TryLoveNow, https://www.instagram.com/trylovenow/, https://www.linkedin.com/company/trylovenow/).
* Host Organization must be a licensee of the film WALKING WHILE BLACK: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer. If your organization needs to acquire a license, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* There must be three Co-Chairs for each local event. At least one of the Local Committee Co-Chairs must be a member of the Local Host Organization (the film licensee). There must be a Teen Co-Chair and a Co-Chair who is a Peace Officer
If you have any questions about L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Day that aren’t answered above, please email us at email@example.com or call 323-577-5976. Wherever you are in the world, we invite you to participate with us that day and throughout the year. Let’s do the work together.