The 5th Annual “L.O.V.E is the Answer Day” is coming Sunday, September 17, 2023!
WHAT is L.O.V.E is the Answer Day?
It is a global day of spreading L.O.V.E. (Learning about others, Opening our hearts to them, Volunteering to be part of the solution in their lives, and Empowering others to do the same). This year’s theme is “Where we teach L.O.V.E., there will be love.”
This year, there are ways to participate virtually and in-person.
- Download one or more of our L.O.V.E. Is The Answer posters from this webpage and either share them directly to social media or print them out and display them wherever you are (home, work, school, car, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) on Sunday, September 17, 2023. If you print out a poster, be sure to take a selfie with it and share it on social media using the hashtag #trylovenow.
- Another way to participate virtually is to gather a group of friends on a Zoom and do a virtual “Paint and Sip” event where you all paint, color, or sketch out what L.O.V.E. means to you in your community while enjoying your favorite beverage. Be sure to take a selfie with the art you create and share it on social media using the hashtag #trylovenow.
- Tune in to our Global Zoom from noon to 3 pm pacific, 3 to 6 pm eastern, where representatives of each local event will show off their murals and other art and activities and talk about what L.O.V.E. Is The Answer means to their community. It’s going to be a fun, meaningful, inspiring, and empowering celebration of life and the power of love. Login details to come! Check back here for login info prior to September 17th.
- Most importantly, put the L.O.V.E. Is The Answer principles into action with at least one person on that date. Learn about someone, Open your heart to their need, Volunteer to be part of the solution in their life, and Empower someone else to do the same. Live L.O.V.E. Spread L.O.V.E.
2023 LITA DAY POSTERS COMING SOON
- Mural painting and other events! Groups of peace officers, students, elders, returning citizens, and other community members will be painting murals and participating in other activities TOGETHER throughout the United States, in several U.S. Territories, and on every continent on the same day! At some of the events, there will also be food, entertainment, wellness sessions, and other activities. The day will end with a Global Zoom where representatives of each local event will show off their mural and talk about what L.O.V.E. Is The Answer means to their community. It’s going to be a fun, meaningful, inspiring, and empowering celebration of life and the power of love.
- PRIZES! We are giving one group led by high school students and one group led by college students $500 each for the most creative mural. We’re also giving away other random prizes for in-person and virtual participation — so get creative and make sure you use the #trylovenow hashtag in your social media posts so that we can find you!
- Use COVID-safe practices to gather with family or friends for a properly social distanced “Paint and Sip” event where you all paint, color, or sketch out what L.O.V.E. means to you in your community while enjoying your favorite beverage. Be sure to take a selfie with the art you create and share it on social media using the hashtag #trylovenow.
We are also asking people to submit videos and photos of them with their L.O.V.E. Is The Answer poster or at their local mural painting event for consideration for prizes for their community and possible inclusion in the MUSIC VIDEO we will release featuring the L.O.V.E. Is The Answer theme song, titled “Try Love Now.” The World premiere of the music video took place on Valentine’s Day 2023!
Want to get involved in L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Day? We need leaders, sponsors, artists, and other volunteers of all ages. Email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAN AN ORGANIZATION HOST A L.O.V.E. IS THE ANSWER DAY EVENT?
YES! If your organization would like to host a mural painting event, simply email your interest to email@example.com.
The L.O.V.E. Is The Answer mission is to teach people how to love themselves and others throughout the world. L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Day includes reconciliation between police and the communities they serve, but that’s just the “tip of the iceberg.” The L.O.V.E. Is The Answer principles are universal and can be used to improve a wide variety of social ills worldwide — from random violence and bullying to the indifference that plagues so many communities.
CHECKLIST FOR EACH LOCAL MURAL PAINTING EVENT:
- Secure a location (primary outdoor location with a backup covered or indoor location in case of inclement weather)
- Obtain permission in writing for a permanent display of a mural. Obtain permits when necessary.
- Contact school boards/schools to get them on board with students participating in event if event takes place during school hours.
- Let Law Enforcement organizations know that LE officers and their family members are highly encouraged to participate.
- Get partner organizations onboard (law enforcement, youth groups, schools, companies, etc.)
- Fill out committee with at least 10 people representing different backgrounds in the community.
- Get an experienced mural artist to help prep the site and pre-plan the design of your mural with local expressions of “L.O.V.E.” in action throughout the mural.
- Mural must include these three things to qualify for prizes:
- L.O.V.E. Is The Answer logo.
- The hashtag #trylovenow;
- The L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Pledge (I pledge to LEARN about the people in my community, to unconditionally OPEN my heart to their needs as if they were all immediate family members, to VOLUNTEER to be part of the solution in their lives during both good and challenging times, and to EMPOWER everyone I meet to do the same as if our lives depended on each other. )
- Get sponsors for paint and other supplies, food and anything else needed for the day
- Alert and invite local media
- Day of event. Make it fun with food, beverages, snacks, food trucks, ice cream, family friendly/children’s activities, music, spoken word, etc.
- Take plenty of photos and videos and share them widely on social media using #trylovenow and linking to the L.O.V.E. Is The Answer social media pages.
- Invite local dignitaries and ask them to provide proclamations naming 9/17/23 as L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Day for your community.
- Alert local media.
- Alert local law enforcement for security.
- Be sure to have water and restrooms available for participants.
If you have any questions about L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Day that aren’t answered above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 323-577-5976. Wherever you are in the world, we invite you to participate with us that day and throughout the year. Let’s do the work together.