Your organization is invited to host a “L.O.V.E. Is The Answer” Conference.
The “L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Conference” is designed to draw various community organizations out of their silos and teach them how to work together to bring more L.O.V.E. into their community. Our conferences began with a full-day event attracting more than 300 participants in Syracuse, NY October 21, 2017. Several police departments joined school, ministry, business and nonprofit organizations in sending representatives to the conference to learn and grow together. Events are currently being scheduled throughout the United States. Our goal is to conduct annual conferences in all 50 states at schools, churches and other venues.
Each of our L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Conference events will be hosted by a trusted community organization that desires to lead the conversation about reconciliation between law enforcement and the community it serves. There will be a variety of different organizations acting as hosts throughout the country. Schools, ministries, nonprofit organizations and companies are all eligible to become a host as long as they are seen throughout the community as upholding the values of L.O.V.E. (an organization that is known for LEARNING about the community and its needs, with people who OPEN their heart to the community, with a culture of VOLUNTEERING to be part of the solution in the community and a desire to EMPOWER other organizations in the community to do the same).
The day will start with opening remarks and a screening of the film followed by a Q&A. Anyone can come to the film screening and Q&A at no cost, however, ticket-holders will be given priority seating to the film screening, with remaining seats being released to the public 15 minutes before showtime. Pre-registration cost for the educational portion of the day, including lunch, is $20 if pre-registered, or $30 the day of the event.
BENEFITS TO HOST:
- Stewardship. Host organization will lead the conversation on improving relations in the community, resulting in a tremendous amount of goodwill being generated.
- Prestige. This event will attract city, state and national dignitaries, business leaders, ministry leaders, celebrities, media and other high profile individuals.
- Exposure. Host organization will receive a tremendous amount of exposure that can lead to increased participation in programs offered by Host throughout the year.
- Financial Benefits. Host receives 50% of local sponsorships and local ticket sales, after sales commissions, credit card processing fees and ticket sales fees. With $50,000 in local sponsor packages and $10,000 in local ticket sales available for sale, Host organization has the opportunity to recoup their expenses and turn a profit.
Conference activities include:
- Screening of the film “Walking While Black: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer.”
- Book signings
- Music and Spoken Word performances
- ACTION STEPS:
- L.O.V.E. Is The Answer 5-Minute Film Contest signups and instruction: A short film competition showcasing 5-minute films promoting L.O.V.E. in action. Each team will be led by a community member and a peace officer working together as co-director/producer. There are adult and teen divisions. Each video will generate significant social media impressions because audience response (likes, shares and comments) will be considered in our judging process. Winning teams on state and national levels to receive prizes to be determined.
- #RIDEALONGCHALLENGE: Information and signups for ride-along experiences with peace officers teaming up with others in the community and setting a date to spend time in each other’s world for a day, then share their experiences on social media.
- “Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner & A Movie?” events: A family invites their neighbors and a couple of peace officers over for dinner, our film and a discussion. Inspired by the Sidney Poitier film of a similar name as well as Senators Tim Scott (R) of South Carolina and James Lankford (R) of Oklahoma doing “Solution Sundays,” which is the simple idea of inviting a family of another race over to your home for a meal to get to know each other.
- L.O.V.E. Is The Answer community art & garden project: Conference participants team up on a community art and garden project on public land. Peace officers and others work together to create a garden, with the words “L.O.V.E. Is The Answer” formed from items donated by the participants made into a signature artwork in the garden.
Event Day Itinerary:
- 8 am Registration, sponsor displays open (throughout the day) and networking
- 8:45 am Official welcome by Host and Sponsors. Introductory remarks by filmmakers.
- 9 am “WALKING WHILE BLACK: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer” film (ticket holders and standby seating for public)
- 10:35 am Q&A with the filmmakers and special guests (ticket holders and standby seating for public)
Remaining sessions require a ticket:
- 11:30 Roundtable Lunch, casual discussion and networking
- 12:15 pm General session #1: The L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Principles mini workshop by L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Certified Trainers
- 1 pm 3 40-minute sessions with 3 workshops running simultaneously. 9 workshops to choose from
- 3:15 pm TableTop Exercise developed by RAND. In this powerful session, we’ll put everything we’ve learned today into action in small groups that are presented with scenarios that are based on real-life events.
- 4:15 pm General session #2: Action Step presentations
- 5 pm Action step signups and coaching, networking
- 5:30 pm Closing remarks
- 6 pm End