Your organization is invited to host a “L.O.V.E. Is The Answer” Conference in 2018.
The 2017-2018 “L.O.V.E. Is The Answer” Conference Series will include 120 day-long events in all 50 states. These very timely conferences are designed to lay a foundation for improving relations between police and communities of color. The conference series is part of a movement that was sparked by the award-winning documentary film, “WALKING WHILE BLACK: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer.”
In addition to the local benefits afforded to the hosting organization, such as a generous revenue sharing program, you will become part of a powerful national networking group of L.O.V.E. Is The Answer leaders through these 120 events nationwide, working together in positive ways to transform policing in America.
Each of our 120 L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Conference Series events will be hosted by a trusted community organization that desires to lead the conversation about reconciliation between law enforcement and the community it serves. There will be a variety of different organizations acting as hosts throughout the country. Schools, ministries, nonprofit organizations and companies are all eligible to become a host as long as they are seen throughout the community as upholding the values of L.O.V.E. (an organization that is known for LEARNING about the community and its needs, with people who OPEN their heart to the community, with a culture of VOLUNTEERING to be part of the solution in the community and a desire to EMPOWER other organizations in the community to do the same).
The day will start with opening remarks and a screening of the film followed by a Q&A. Anyone can come to the film screening and Q&A at no cost, however, ticket-holders will be given priority admission to the film screening. The remainder of the day, beginning with lunch, is limited to 500 participants. Pre-registration cost for the educational portion of the day, including lunch, is $20 if pre-registered, or $30 at the door if tickets remain.
- Financial Benefits. Host receives 50% of local sponsorships and local ticket sales, after sales commissions, credit card processing fees and ticket sales fees. With $50,000 in local sponsor packages and nearly $10,000 in local ticket sales available for sale, Host organization has the opportunity to recoup their expenses and turn a profit.
- Stewardship. Host organization will lead the conversation on improving relations in the community, resulting in a tremendous amount of goodwill being generated.
- Prestige. This event will attract city, state and national dignitaries, business leaders, ministry leaders, celebrities, media and other high profile individuals.
- Exposure. Host organization will receive a tremendous amount of exposure that can lead to increased sales or community awareness of programs offered by Host.
Conference Series Activities:
- Screening of the film “Walking While Black: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer.”
- Music and Spoken Word performances
- ACTION STEP Promotion of the L.O.V.E. Is The Answer 5-Minute Film Contest: A short film competition showcasing 5-minute films promoting L.O.V.E. in action. Each team will be led by a teen and a peace officer working together as co-director/producer. Each video will generate significant social media impressions because audience response (likes, shares and comments) will be considered in our judging process. Winning teams on state and national levels to receive prizes to be determined. This is the action step!
- 8 am Registration, sponsor displays open (throughout the day) and networking
- 9:30 am Official welcome by Host and National Title Sponsor. Introductory remarks by filmmakers.
- 9:45 am “WALKING WHILE BLACK: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer” film (ticket holders and standby seating for public) – 11:20 am Q&A with the filmmakers and special guests (ticket holders and standby seating for public)
- The afternoon lunch and educational sessions require a ticket:
- Noon Roundtable Lunch, casual discussion and networking
- 1 pm General session #1: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer workshop by the filmmakers
- 1:45 pm General session #2: Introduction to Tabletop Exercise developed by Rand Corporation
- 2:30 pm Breakout workshops (3 25-minute sessions, 12 workshops to choose from)
- 4 pm General session #3: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer 5-Minute Film Contest
- 4:45 pm Closing remarks
- 5 pm Networking in sponsor display area
- 6pm End